Take Back Control of Your Life
They are symptoms many people have a hard time discussing with their healthcare provider, yet they impact the lives of millions of adults, everyday. People who suffer from overactive bladder (OAB), including urinary urgency incontinence, bowel incontinence and urinary retention, spend their days and nights rushing to the bathroom, and coping with embarrassing bladder and bowel leaks.
Where medications, lifestyle changes and physical therapy have failed, people can now turn to a new form of therapy offered through West Michigan Pain at West Michigan Surgery Center.
Sacral Neuromodulation Therapy
Sacral Neuromodulation Therapy (SNM), also known as sacral nerve stimulation, involves implantation of an electrical stimulator that sends mild electrical signals to the sacral nerve just above the tailbone. Those electrical pulses help alter or “control” the signals the sacral nerve sends the brain, reducing bowel and bladder control problems.
West Michigan Pain is pleased to offer Sacral Neuromodulation Therapy through Axonics®. The Axonics® System offers the following benefits:
- Small Size – The FDA approved implant is not much larger than a quarter
- Simple and Easy to Use – discrete, wireless key fob patient remote control and wireless charger
- Recharge on Your Time – Average patient only has to recharge the device monthly
- Long-Term Therapy – Designed to provide relief for at least 15 years
- MRI compatible – First SNM system to allow for patients to undergo full-body MRI scans
- Symptom Relief – See clinical study results below about safety and effectiveness.
Clinically Proven Real Life Results
Axonics® Therapy is clinically proven to help people regain bladder and bowel control and return meaningful improvement in their quality of life.
Axonics® therapy is approved for patients suffering from:
- Overactive bladder
- Urinary Frequency
- Urinary Incontinence
- Fecal Bowel Incontinence
- Nonobstructive Urinary Retention
Download their clinical study below, then listen to one patient’s story about how the new technology helped improve her life.