Wound Care at Michigan Primary Care Partners
Welcome to Michigan Primary Care Partners (MPCP), a trusted provider of wound care services in West Michigan. As a Patient-Centered Medical Home recognized by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, we take pride in providing exceptional care to our patients. We believe in taking a comprehensive approach to your overall health, which includes not only treating acute and chronic wounds but also focusing on education and preventive care to reduce your risk of developing wounds in the first place.
Our team of experienced healthcare professionals provides individualized wound care services that are tailored to meet your unique health needs and goals. Our wound care services include but are not limited to wound dressing, wound debridement, and infection control.
If you’re in need of wound care as a part of your comprehensive care plan, the primary care physician team at MPCP can help. Schedule your first appointment with us today.
Diabetic Ulcer Treatment, Neuropathy Care & More
Comprehensive Treatment from Your Wound Care Doctor
Michigan Primary Care Partners (MPCP) offers wound care services to diagnose, manage and treat a variety of wounds in patients.
Here are some types of wound care we can provide:
- Diabetic Ulcers: We treat diabetic ulcers, which are a common complication of diabetes. We will evaluate the ulcer and develop a customized treatment plan.
- Venous and Arterial/Ischemic Ulcers: Our healthcare professionals are trained to treat venous and arterial/ischemic ulcers that result from inadequate blood flow to the lower extremities.
- Pressure Ulcers: We provide care for pressure ulcers, which can develop in people who are bedridden or who use a wheelchair. When it comes to pressure ulcers, wound care often includes debridement and specialized dressings, to help the ulcers heal.
- Traumatic Ulcers Treatment: Our team provides wound care services for traumatic ulcers, which can result from physical injuries or accidents.
- Radiation-Related Tissue Injuries: We provide care for patients with radiation-related tissue injuries, such as radiation burns and necrosis.
- Non-Healing Surgical Wounds: We provide care for non-healing surgical wounds that may be complicated by infection or other underlying medical conditions.
At MPCP, we will assess the wound and create a personalized treatment plan, which may include medication, dressings, debridement, and other advanced therapies to promote healing.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I see a healthcare provider for wound care?
You should see a healthcare provider for wound care if you have a deep or infected wound, the wound is not healing or is worsening, or if you have a wound in a difficult-to-treat location, such as on the face or near a joint. Additionally, seek medical care if you develop signs of infection, such as fever, redness, or pus coming from the wound.
How often does a wound need to be dressed?
The frequency of wound dressings depends on the type and severity of the wound. As a general rule, wounds should be dressed at least once every 24 to 48 hours. However, your healthcare provider may recommend more frequent dressing changes if the wound requires closer monitoring.
Do you accept insurance for wound care treatment?
Yes! At MPCP, we accept a wide range of insurance providers from across the region. Visit our page to view our full list of providers. We do recommend reaching out to your provider to ensure that your plan covers your needs!